Today we take a look at CEX.IO for you. What is CEX.IO? A scam or a legit crypto dealer? In this short CEX.IO review we will look on it from all angels to come to the right conclusion. Ok, with that being said, let us dive right into it!
Owner: Alex Luts
Price: FREE to join
Who is it for: Cryptocurrency investors
Overall rating: (4.5 / 5)
Important to mention before we continue this review – Bonus!
Before we continue with this review I want to mention that you got the opportunity to get 15% back on the exchange fee for your first purchase on CEX.IO, no matter how big your purchase is”
Simply sign up for your free account through the link at the end of this review and you are qualified for the bonus.
Once you have made your first purchase, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line CEX.IO cashback and I will send you the cash back right away!
Ok, with that out of the way, let´s continue with the review.
CEX.IO Review – What is the company about?
CEX.IO is a multifunctional cryptocurrency exchange that was founded in 2013 as the first of its kind, as it was the first cloud mining provider. It is one of the leading platforms in the industry of crypto and it got over 1 million users using the platforms many different services.
The physical address of the company is:
CEX.IO LTD, 2nd Floor, 1-5 Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1M 5PA, United Kingdom
How does it work?
CEX.IO offers a broad range of services for you through their website, mobile app, WebSocket and REST API.
Here you got a multi-level account system with an individual approach to each and every customer, from Bitcoin beginners to savvy traders.
Worldwide coverage, multiple payment options, and 24/7 support are accompanied by time-proven platform stability that guarantees safety of assets and data.
The products and services
Here is an overview selection of what they offer:
- Buy/Sell Bitcoins (and other cryptocurrencies) – If you only want to instantly buy or sell Bitcoins for USD or EUR in a few clicks of a mouse, then simply head over to the buy/sell page. There you simply choose the number of Bitcoins to buy or sell, and select a respective bundle, or enter a custom amount. Please note that you need to fund account first with fiat money (USD/EUR) or Bitcoins.
- Trade Bitcoins (and other cryptocurrencies) – You can trade cryptocurrency using limit and market order placement on their “trade page” page. Here you can also analyze Bitcoin price changes, view market depth charts, view all currency pairs, get a glance at the order book in real time, track trade history, etc.
- Storage – No need for an external cryptocurrency wallet as you can store your digital assets within CEX.IOs own wallet.
- Financial Tools – Get a great overlook of your finances with the help of their “finance page”
- Extra safety – Enable Two-Factor Authentication for extra safety.
Is CEX.IO a scam?
So, is CEX.IO a scam? No, of course not, it is a legit and trusted Cryptocurrency dealer that got real owners and a real physical address. It would never have survived since 2013 if it wasn´t legit, right?
I did check if there where some serious complaints on them online, however, the only complaints I found was related to that it sometimes is a “long” waiting time, for some impatient users.
The complaints have been a bit more the last couple of days/weeks, the logical explanation for that is probably the HUGE increase in worth of Bitcoins, making everyone and their mothers wanting to get started with Bitcoins. This has caused delays and “slow” services all over the web lately when it comes to cryptocurrency sites.
However, I think this real user review/experience explains the “issue” pretty well:
You can read more real users testimonials on Trustpilot’s website here (opens in new window)
Is CEX.IO for you?
One thing that is always good to do to get a better overall picture of a company is to compare its pros against its cons. Below I have highlighted some of the obvious pros and cons to make this job easier for you:
- Broad selection of services
- Easy to use
- Storage included for free
- Good support
- Supports USD, EUR, RUB, GBP, and BTC.
- Offer only Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash and Ethereum to purchase
Final words and verdict on CEX.IO
Overall rating: (4.5 / 5)
Ok, I think that sums up the overall picture of this company pretty good. It is without a doubt a legit one and you can feel safe using their services.
The only thing that takes down the rating a bit is the fact that they don´t offer that many “altcoins” such as Litecoins, Dash, etc for you to buy.
However, if you are going to focus on Bitcoins and Ethereum it is without a doubt one of the best places for you to go.
As always it is up to you.
Just keep this in mind and you have nothing to worry about: Please do NOT invest more money into cryptocurrency (or ANYTHING else) than you can not afford to lose.
I hope you found this short review on CEX.IO to be helpful and now you should have a better understanding of what it is and if it is something for you. If you have used any of their services please share your experience in the comment section below as it can help others. Also, if you got any other question about this review I will be more than happy to answer them below.
Please, if you liked this post and found it helpful share it by using the share buttons below (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
I wish you success!
Founder of: $tart Make $top Waste