Today we shall be looking at what Dow Theory Forecasts is about. In this review, I will be shedding light on the main things that you can expect from Dow Theory Forecasts as an investor, and helping you to decide whether or not you will be relying on it to anyway. Here are some questions that I will answer in this review:
- What is Dow Theory Forecasts about?
- Who us behind Dow Theory Forecasts?
- Which service is offered?
- How much does the Dow Theory Forecasts subscription cost?
- Is Dow Theory Forecasts Legit?
- What are the pros and cons of Dow Theory Forecasts?
Name of product: Dow Theory Forecasts
Official Website URL: https://www.dowtheory.com/
Overall Rating: (4 / 5)
What is Dow Theory Forecasts about?
Dow Theory Forecasts is a publication of the famous Horizon Publishing Company. This publication stands out from other publications in mind since its content is created with the busy readers in mind. Those who subscribe to this publication usually receive weekly stock recommendation with all the relevant analysis that is geared towards equipping them to make informed decisions. Individual investors who need reliable stock market advice can bank on the recommendations offered to stay ahead of the pack. The creators of this publication also update their subscribers about all market news, news about stock upgrades and downgrades, in a bid to ensure that these readers are always in the know.
Who is behind Dow Theory Forecasts?
The longevity of Horizon Publishing Company in the investment advisory business is not the most unique thing about this company. The newsletter industry is in most occasions referred to as a “cottage industry” since one person can be entrusted to run research, editorial, and customer service tasks on their own. Dow Theory Forecasts, however, has a whole in-house team that attends to the various facets of the publication. This is how this publication can deliver high quality to those in the market consistently. The professional team behind the success of this company includes:
- Richard Moroney, CFA- Editor, Director of Research.
- Bob Sweet, CFA- Managing Editor, Dow Theory Forecasts
- Charles Carlson, CFA – Contributing Editor
- David Wright, CFA- Analyst
- David Walle, CFA- Analyst
As you can see, the main players behind the creation of Dow Theory Forecasts are all people with a strong academic and professional background.
Here is the Number 1 Alternative to Dow Theory Forecasts that all highflying investors are working with.
Which Services are offered?
As highlighted earlier on, Dow Theory Forecasts is usually created with busy readers in mind. The content you receive is not meant to be just a laborious think piece that is meant to gratify the ego of the publishers, without fattening your pocketbook. On the contrary, you will find concise information that is tailor-made for individual investors who do not want to waste long hours sifting through pointless writings.
Dow Theory Forecasts presents three recommended portfolios, as shown below:
- Focus Buy- These are issues that are expected to rise above the market average in the next 12 months.
- Buy – these are issues that are expected to perform exceedingly well in the next 12 months. They may include buy-and-hold issues, or even more aggressive issues.
- Long-term Buy- These include high-quality issues that have the potential to perform exceedingly well in about 2 to 4 years.
The stocks monitored by Dow Theory Forecasts are usually divided into 3 main categories, based on their ratings as follows:
- Stocks rated A – these are above-average stocks that bear the potential for market-beating 1-year returns.
- Stocks rated B- these are average stocks that Dow Theory Forecasts predicts will match the market.
- Stocks rated C- these are below-average stocks that are expected to underperform, and that bear a high-risk level.
With sufficient research about stocks and portfolios, the team behind Dow Theory Forecasts offers the following services:
- Time-Tested Advice- this publication seeks to feed individual investors with unbiased and objective advice, without asking for any commissions from the trades that the investors make.
- Market Timing Guidance- Dow Theory claims to have a track record of keeping investors updated with all the relevant market trends, in a bid to ensure that they invest at the right time.
How much does the Dow Theory Forecasts subscription cost?
Dow Theory Forecasts has a 30-day free trial, in which you can access:
- The Quadrix stock-rating System that features 5,000 stocks.
- Unlimited downloads on the monitored list.
- Data about the highest scoring stocks in Dow Theory’s industry group studies.
- Bi-weekly hotline updates done via call and email.
After the 30-day free trial, you will have to pay for the annual subscription. There no information about how much the subscription will cost you, thus you are required to contact the support staff before inquiring. For the kind of marketing that is done for this publication, one would expect that they would reveal all prices upfront, but that is not the case, which is quite disappointing.
Is Dow Theory Forecasts legit?
Yes. It is 100% legit. There is no record of it being a valueless publication. In fact, it has been in existence since 1946, where it operated as a company known as Dow Theory Forecasts. Currently, this publication is owned and operated by Horizon Publishing, which has an A+ rating on Better Business Business. These are just the minor bits of information that prove that Dow Theory Forecasts is legit. If you are looking for a publication that is offered by a company that is bolder in presenting investment advice, then you should try out Capitalists Exploits. Capitalist Exploits offers investment advice about how to invest in a variety of assets, including natural resources, energy, and the US dollar. This presents you with more diverse opportunities to make investment income from diversified assets.
Pros and cons
- Offers advice on various stock ratings.
- 30-day free trial
- Weekly telephone and mail updates
- Tailor-made for busy readers, and has concise content.
- No information about pricing
- Lacks many customer reviews
I hope you enjoyed this review about what Dow Theory Forecasts is all about. If you have had any experience with it, you can share your thoughts about it. Also, do not forget to have a look at the best Dow Theory Forecasts alternative in the market.
I wish you the best,